• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

>>> What's new with the Brand New FreeOnes Vol. 5 (FOLLOW BABE is LIVE)

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Staff member
It's time to report about what happened during the last 2 weeks of development on the BETA FreeOnes!

This development period produced a feature that many of you have been concerned about... the favorite babe functionality.

The reason it took this long to release is it was about a 70h ticket. That's almost 2 weeks of full time development and because of the holidays and one of the developers going to AVN in Las Vegas last month with me, those 70 hours turned into about 6 weeks. You also have to remember we were developing, updating, changing, refactoring, debugging in parallel to this as well. Those that don't deal in website builds don't realize that something as a simple button can take a lot of time to develop depending on the functionality behind it.

Favorite Babe Function

Anyways, the favorite babe functionality! On the new site, for babes, it will be called FOLLOW instead of favorite. We don't have it done quite yet, but Channels will be "subscribe", Galleries (photos) will be "add to collection", and videos will be "add to playlist". The videos has a little more functionality than the others. Later down the road we'll also allow you to favorite links as well.

If you log into your myFreeOnes account on the BETA FreeOnes site (you have to use your myFreeOnes email and password) you'll be able to see the the follow (#1) button on all babe sections and follow or unfollow them. Even if you're not logged in, you can see how many people have followed them (#2).

To see all of the babes you've followed (including follows on the old site), you just need to click on Babes (#3) in the My Collections part of the menu.

In #4 you see some info. Right now it's dummy info and we'll be making improvements to this page in the upcoming week. Another thing to note is we're aware that the number of results (#5) on the BETA site is a lot less than in your current myFreeOnes account. We're fully aware of this and it will be investigated after the current development cycle. So don't panic, they'll all make it in there.

Additionally, the delete/unfollow button (#6) is also just an icon at the moment. If you wish to unfollow a babe on the BETA site you'll need to click her name and then unfollow her from her babe section for the time being. This will be updated, but not in the next 2 weeks.

Lastly, unlike on the current site, you'll have a filter for your followed babes. Currently you can only search for her by name but in the upcoming development cycles we'll make this into a fully functional filter like on the babe page.

Whew, that's a lot. I really hope you like the Follow feature so far! A lot of work went into it to get it to this point!

Other Things That Got Done

We did have some other things that happened in the past 2 weeks as well. Not as exciting so they don't get a full fledged write up! :cthulhu:

• Added more cam sites to the Cam Page
  • Added height/weight in both Freedom Units and Metric (including a converter in the admin)
  • Converted shoe sizes between different countries (this isn't showing yet on the profiles)
  • You can now recover your password on the BETA site
  • Boring behind the scene stuff to prepare for upcoming features (API's, indexing, research, etc)

Upcoming Features

While we're trying to push out new functionality to the Beta Site every 2 weeks for you to look at and play with, sometimes we have to focus on the innards of the site. That's what this development cycle is dedicated to... creating tools so we can easily change or add thumbnails.

Syncing all of the content from the old site to the new has created an interesting issue for thumbnails. The old thumbs are only 100x100 and the new thumbs on EVERYTHING are a lot bigger. So in order to not have empty thumbnails, babe avatars (i.e. profile pics) and so on, we had scripts written to grab the thumbs from photo galleries, videos, and then scrape content like their twitter accounts. For a very large majority the thumbs are OK but then there's a lot that we don't like for a variety of reasons. However, we haven't started building out the new CMS and we don't have the tools to deal with thumbnail changes on a huge scale.

In order to get my minions on these thumbnails as quickly as possible, I've had to dedicate the next full sprint cycle to updating all of the content edit pages with croppers, extra thumbnail logic as well as focus on user stats a little bit (this is a pain in the ass on its own, ugh).

So we'll be back to more exciting things in a few weeks. Such as hopefully having the babe rating and ranking finished.

Let us know how you like the follow feature!

PS, yes, we know the share button isn't working.

Check out what we've already done here

ban-one

Works for panties
The follow button just sits there spinning when I click it and doesn't update to indicate I am now following her (either through refreshing the page or leaving it and coming back to it), but does add her to my favorites over here

Petra

Staff member
The follow button just sits there spinning when I click it and doesn't update to indicate I am now following her (either through refreshing the page or leaving it and coming back to it), but does add her to my favorites over here

There's actually a problem with the functionality behind the button. The devs are investigating right now.

Last edited:

shutuplutz

I ran out of lube. Can I borrow yours?
This is more of a complaint about the current site that I hope/wish doesn't get carried over to the new site, regarding the Latest Freeones Galleries on the main page. As it is configured now, for whatever reason whenever you click on a particular girl/woman and are sent to that particular photo gallery/video clip, when you go back to the main page, the ordering of the various galleries in the Latest Freeones Galleries box changes. This is annoying especially if there are multiple pages of galleries on a particular day because if I want to look at a different girl I have to hunt around and try and find the other girls I'm interested in. Why does the ordering of the galleries change like that and will it do that on the new site? And I know you're focused on the new website, I just hope this particular quirk doesn't get carried over. Thanks.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
This is more of a complaint about the current site that I hope/wish doesn't get carried over to the new site, regarding the Latest Freeones Galleries on the main page. As it is configured now, for whatever reason whenever you click on a particular girl/woman and are sent to that particular photo gallery/video clip, when you go back to the main page, the ordering of the various galleries in the Latest Freeones Galleries box changes. This is annoying especially if there are multiple pages of galleries on a particular day because if I want to look at a different girl I have to hunt around and try and find the other girls I'm interested in. Why does the ordering of the galleries change like that and will it do that on the new site? And I know you're focused on the new website, I just hope this particular quirk doesn't get carried over. Thanks.

Although not a fix, I believe modern browser functionality works in your favor, on this one. Do a middle mouse/mousewheel click to pop open a new tab. Tabs are here to stay, brother.

Petra

Staff member

We haven't started working on the home page yet, but I'll keep that in mind when we're developing it. I think we'll probably be using more carousals than randomized functionality so that should work in your favor. And when all else fails, click the middle mouse button or right click and open in new tab like Torre said.

Although not a fix, I believe modern browser functionality works in your favor, on this one. Do a middle mouse/mousewheel click to pop open a new tab. Tabs are here to stay, brother.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I prefer holding command then left click. For you windows users, ctrl + left click!

eraserheadd

What are these words under my name?
command left dick... got it Adam...

The "Things I love about the New Freeones" list gets longer every week: URLs under the links! <https://www.freeones.vg/jodie-gasson/links> I've always had to hover over links to figure out which sites they went to and now I can see them at a glance! Thanks!