• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

President Donald Trump's Legacy

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Legal experts across the country including Ty Cobb, Former White Counsel under President Trump and Neal Katyal, the former US Solicitor General have weighed in on this.

The U.S Supreme Court, if they take the case, is going to affirm the U.S. Court of Appeals ruling. Trump is going to lose.
Do you have a link?

To be clear, I 100% agree that a prez should not have absolute immunity from criminal prosecution. But to say that POTUS has no immunity for official acts while in office is too far reaching - there are tons of examples where that would be reasonable (see the Obama example in the article). And I would say that's a weakness of the DC decision. If they clarified that the acts tump is being charged with fall outside of the perimeter, then SCOTUS would have had an easier time upholding it.

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Just listen to youtube videos from mainstream media outlets, CNN and MSNBC on the topic of Presidential Immunity.

Don't go to Fox News, Newsmax or OAN. With those, they give a biased pro-Maga view.

tvstrip

Just listen to youtube videos from mainstream media outlets, CNN and MSNBC on the topic of Presidential Immunity.

Don't go to Fox News, Newsmax or OAN. With those, they give a biased pro-Maga view.
The article is from Newsweek/MSN. I don't think either are particularly pro-maga.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Newsweek is center or just right of center. MSN (UK) leans left.
Do you have a link?

To be clear, I 100% agree that a prez should not have absolute immunity from criminal prosecution. But to say that POTUS has no immunity for official acts while in office is too far reaching - there are tons of examples where that would be reasonable (see the Obama example in the article). And I would say that's a weakness of the DC decision. If they clarified that the acts tump is being charged with fall outside of the perimeter, then SCOTUS would have had an easier time upholding it.
This doesn't have anything to do with his role as President. Big difference. This relates to his trying to circumvent the results of the 2020 Presidential election. Chief Justice Roberts, head of the D.C. Circuit, has ruled time and time again that he won't bring the entire Court in. Roberts did it in December 2020 and in early 2021 (pertaining to Trump's campaign claim of election fraud) and in 2022 (pertaining to the documents retention case) and he'll do it again in 2024. This is what Jack Smith is prosecuting him for two courts down in the D.C. District Court with Judge Tanya Chutkan presiding. Donald Trump knew he lost the election, yet he tried every which way not to leave office by continuing not to have a peaceful transfer of power to Joe Biden. He had a fake electoral college scheme developing with lawyers John Eastman and Kenneth Chesebro. He wanted Vice President Mike Pence not to certify the Electoral College results and have the results go back to GOP led state legislatures where they would pick electors who supported Donald Trump. Mike Pence refused to listen to Donald Trump. And then lastly, on top of all that, he urged his supporters to start an insurrection on January 6, 2021.

Last edited:

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
It is all opinion at this point. There is no guarantee SCOTUS will even take the case. They could decide to stay out and let the lower ruling stand.

What will be Trump's legacy? It is now okay for a Republican to make fun of military families. His previous comments about Gold Star families, John McCain, and military cemeteries are well documented. Now, he takes a dig at Haley's husband being stationed in Africa with the SC National Guard.
  • "Where’s her husband? Oh, he’s away, he’s away. What happened to her husband? What happened to her husband? Where is he? He’s gone.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...r-husband-are-insulting-to-military-families/
https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...-an-ass-over-mocking-haleys-deployed-husband/

After saying Putin would not have attacked Ukraine if he were president, now he seems to be encouraging Putin!
"No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want."
https://www.npr.org/2024/02/11/1230...ssia-to-attack-nato-allies-who-dont-pay-bills

What a fucked up time we are witnessing.

Reagan said "Tear down this wall!" Trump is saying "Take what you want!"
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/11/trump-nato-remarks-democrats-putin-00140848

Last edited:

The Yak

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...damages-pay-millions-judge-engoron-rcna135283

The judge who presided over a civil business fraud trial against Donald Trump on Friday ordered the former president, his sons, business associates and company to pay over $350 million in damages and temporarily limited their ability to do business in New York.

Judge Arthur Engoron ordered the former president and the Trump Organization to pay over $354 million in damages, and bars Trump "from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in New York for a period of three years."

Not a great day for the former President.

people-reacting-to-364-million-trump-fraud-verdict-v0-6vpd8e8nb0jc1.jpeg

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
He is going to appeal this ruling with his awesome legal team? Chistopher Kise probably won't be a part of that. Because he's not a member of the New York State Bar. Joe Tacopina? No. He left the Trump legal team with after the first E. Jean Carroll case. Alina Habba probably will be a part of the appellant team. She should be disbarred and never be allowed to practice law for anybody. See three posts above. That's two cases now where she's cost Donald Trump .... $438.30 million dollars. :LOL:

Last edited:

gmase

He is going to appeal this ruling with his awesome legal team? Chistopher Kise probably won't be a part of that. Because he's not a member of the New York State Bar. Joe Tacopina? No. He left the Trump legal team with after the first E. Jean Carroll case. Alina Habba probably will be a part of the appellant team. She should be disbarred and never be allowed to practice law for anybody. See three posts above. That's two cases now where she's cost Donald Trump .... $438.30 million dollars. :LOL:
Maybe they will see the writing on the wall and drop it like the immunity one:

It is all opinion at this point. There is no guarantee SCOTUS will even take the case. They could decide to stay out and let the lower ruling stand.
In the end, it was just hubris. He knows he has no case.
https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...ity-claim-in-jan-6-lawsuits-to-supreme-court/

Happy Presidents' Day to Trump

Trump being last seems a bit harsh to me personally (recall Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan were presidents), but let's go to some experts:
https://thehill.com/homenews/447628...ong-presidents-in-survey-trump-comes-in-last/

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Happy Presidents' Day to Trump
Trump being last seems a bit harsh to me personally (recall Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan were presidents), but let's go to some experts:
https://thehill.com/homenews/447628...ong-presidents-in-survey-trump-comes-in-last/
Nah. He deserves it. All the best wishes! -- Donald J. Trump as dead last!! I Iike it. :) -- Trump couldn't even beat out William Henry Harrison? Harrison didn't do anything during his presidency. He got pneumonia on Inauguration Day March 4, 1841. He died like a month later. John Tyler, his Vice President, took over.

Last edited:

gmase

Nah. He deserves it. All the best wishes! -- Donald J. Trump as dead last!! I Iike it. :) -- Trump couldn't even beat out William Henry Harrison? Harrison didn't do anything during his presidency. He got pneumonia on Inauguration Day March 4, 1841. He died like a month later. John Tyler, his Vice President, took over.
Recent thinking blames his death on contaminated drinking water. Much like Zach Taylor and potentially Polk who died shortly after leaving office. Sewage was dumped upstream from the White House at that time.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Recent thinking blames his death on contaminated drinking water. Much like Zach Taylor and potentially Polk who died shortly after leaving office. Sewage was dumped upstream from the White House at that time.
Drain the Swamp! Drain the Swamp! :)

"Alligator" Donald J. Trump along with his cronies: Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham, Josh Hawley, Ron Johnson, Marjorie Taylor Green, Matt Gaetz, James Comer, Jim Jordan, Mike Johnson, et al.

Get rid of them all! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

gmase

Imagine how the Fox News juggernaut would sound if Biden had this much debt. I bet the House would add 'excessive debt' to their impeachment investigation.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
HJQqnh.jpg

Luxman

#TRE45ON
TS6Sn4.jpg

Jason z

I'm so great I'm jelous of myself.
One year before Lincoln's assassination.. Not sure what else this meme could be about ?

Luxman

#TRE45ON
One year before Lincoln's assassination.. Not sure what else this meme could be about ?
The Arizona 1864 abortion ban law that was in the news last week.

Jason z

I'm so great I'm jelous of myself.
Ohhh for like the 10 people that lived in Arizona back then. Interesting, I wonder what the courts will do about it.