• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010/2011 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Texas made some huge changes recently. They grabbed Boise State's Offensive Coordinator/QB coach. They also grabbed Miss State'e Defensive Coordinator. Both moves look like winners (on paper, of course) but I wonder if there's a recruitment problem at Texas. Did they rely on recruiting reports too much recently instead of actually watching their players live? Do they have too many 5 star athletes at too many positions?

Don't worry about Texas, t-rock. This past season was an aberration. Recruiting problem? Too many 5-star recruits? Nonsense.

Greg Davis being relieved and Muschamp moving on will be a great opportunity for the program to gain a fresh perspective. Mack Brown is a fantastic recruiter but a poor game-day coach. He needs a strong group of assistants to make sure things go right on Saturday and it looks to me like he likely found the right people. We'll be just fine.

Connor Macleod

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Don't worry about Texas, t-rock. This past season was an aberration. Recruiting problem? Too many 5-star recruits? Nonsense.

Greg Davis being relieved and Muschamp moving on will be a great opportunity for the program to gain a fresh perspective. Mack Brown is a fantastic recruiter but a poor game-day coach. He needs a strong group of assistants to make sure things go right on Saturday and it looks to me like he likely found the right people. We'll be just fine.

I have to agree about Mack Brown. Great recruiter, but really, not a good coach. Auburn went through the same issue with Pat Dye during the 80's. For years, I've said there are two programs in the country that if they had a really good coaching staff, they could have some truly dominating programs. Texas and North Carolina. North Carolina's problem is they don't want to spend the big bucks to get the big coach.

YumiYumi_1988

My wife doesn't know I'm a perv!
Texas made some huge changes recently. They grabbed Boise State's Offensive Coordinator/QB coach. They also grabbed Miss State'e Defensive Coordinator. Both moves look like winners (on paper, of course) but I wonder if there's a recruitment problem at Texas. Did they rely on recruiting reports too much recently instead of actually watching their players live? Do they have too many 5 star athletes at too many positions?

Nah it's not the athlete at all. It's the fact that Mack Brown is a worse X's and O's coach and decision-maker than Les Miles. The key is his assistants. I like Diaz. Don't know much about the Boise guy, I think Chris Petersen can raise any offensive assistant's stock to be honest, so I wouldn't be too high on him, kinda like any Belichick assistant, it's Belichick who makes them all look good. They all flame out when they move on.

CunningStunts

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
In that part of the country, it's a feeding frenzy with recruiting. No such thing as being true to your state...or your family.

True, but there were several statements in the article that might raise some eyebrows...

"But reaction to Robinson’s Auburn pledge wasn’t so positive among his family. His grandmother, Lydia Robinson, is unhappy about his choice for many reasons and hopes he changes his mind before signing day on Feb. 2.

She doesn’t think highly of Auburn’s coaches, who she says “weren’t very intelligent.” She is especially not fond of Taylor, who she says “got a lot of lies in there when he was talking.”

Former Thibodaux High coach Dennis Lorio says several coaches and students saw Robinson show off cash and a new iPhone at school after a visit to Auburn. Robinson wrote in a Facebook message in July that he got the phone when "I came to Alabama."

D-rock

Well, obviously, a devastating injury that's permanent will dramatically hurt anyone's draft stock.

But if he struggles, is a team really going to pass on him? The word is, Luck is one of the most highest rated QB prospect in quite some time. If a team needs a QB and they're picking #1, they're going to take Luck (assuming Barkley doesn't declare).

Sam Bradford suffered a serious injury which sidelined him for most of his junior season. And in the limited time he did play, he didn't look good. Ended up being drafted #1 overall and received the highest rookie contract in NFL history.

I think the Bradford situation gives everyone hope.

Seriously underperforming is even worse than an injury like the one that happened to Bradford. At least with a situation the one like Bradford was in people can tell themselves it was because of the injury. If he plays bad and a couple of other quarterbacks play a lot better (or maybe even if they don’t) he could see his draft position plummet. Even in the NFL they can forget quickly and can be fickle. Plus if a quarterback comes back and does play much worse that is a very major warning sign. If he drops even twenty picks in a situation like that that could be the difference between millions and millions of dollars on top of the millions he already lost and probably will never get back by waiting a year and making nothing when he could have started making money. If everything goes really bad he could even go lower than that. From a business and money standpoint any person in NCAA sports that doesn't come out as soon as possible when they can get a big pay day is being foolish. The only reason I can see it is if the player really does understand the consequences and isn't being blinded by his college coaches and athletic directors and he very genuinely believes what he's doing and staying in college another years is worth more than all that money to him. Money in the worse case scenario he might never see at all.

rwill25

Nice tits, mind if I feel them?
Seriously underperforming is even worse than an injury like the one that happened to Bradford. At least with a situation the one like Bradford was in people can tell themselves it was because of the injury. If he plays bad and a couple of other quarterbacks play a lot better (or maybe even if they don’t) he could see his draft position plummet. Even in the NFL they can forget quickly and can be fickle. Plus if a quarterback comes back and does play much worse that is a very major warning sign. If he drops even twenty picks in a situation like that that could be the difference between millions and millions of dollars on top of the millions he already lost and probably will never get back by waiting a year and making nothing when he could have started making money. If everything goes really bad he could even go lower than that. From a business and money standpoint any person in NCAA sports that doesn't come out as soon as possible when they can get a big pay day is being foolish. The only reason I can see it is if the player really does understand the consequences and isn't being blinded by his college coaches and athletic directors and he very genuinely believes what he's doing and staying in college another years is worth more than all that money to him. Money in the worse case scenario he might never see at all.

To say Jake Locker struggled in his senior season is an understatement. Yet, people still think he's a 1st round draft pick. Locker in his junior season played very well, but his potential really put him over the top, which is why people are still high on him.

Luck on the other hand, has had two outstanding seasons. I think people will give him a little leeway if he struggles(Now, your definition of "struggle" is a little more dramatic than mine).

I have a hard time seeing Luck struggle anyways, but it can happen, he's human. But I really don't see people passing on him.

Connor Macleod

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...-Reed-Thibodaux-LSU-Tigers-Sean-Nelson-010811

Article published on the eve of playing for a title... thing that make you go hmm...

In that part of the country, it's a feeding frenzy with recruiting. No such thing as being true to your state...or your family.

True, but there were several statements in the article that might raise some eyebrows...

"But reaction to Robinson’s Auburn pledge wasn’t so positive among his family. His grandmother, Lydia Robinson, is unhappy about his choice for many reasons and hopes he changes his mind before signing day on Feb. 2.

She doesn’t think highly of Auburn’s coaches, who she says “weren’t very intelligent.” She is especially not fond of Taylor, who she says “got a lot of lies in there when he was talking.”

Former Thibodaux High coach Dennis Lorio says several coaches and students saw Robinson show off cash and a new iPhone at school after a visit to Auburn. Robinson wrote in a Facebook message in July that he got the phone when "I came to Alabama."

Nothing really made me go Hmmm. As for those LSU assistants who believe that it's curious why Auburn is having success recruiting in Louisiana, the answer is quite simple, Les Miles. Let's be honest, the vast majority of people outside of Louisiana, either don't like Miles, or just outright hate the man. Even within the borders of Louisiana there are many who can't stand the guy. His nasty comments and/or incoherent ramblings have alienated many, including LSU faithful. I live in Alabama and know quite a few LSU fans. Every one of them has expressed their dis-like of Les Miles and pray that Michigan steals him away. As for those relatives of the LSU recruits who expressed so many negative comments about Trooper Taylor, I say this, how can you judge a person that you've never even met!

titsrock

North Carolina's problem is they don't want to spend the big bucks to get the big coach.

I think North Carolina has the coach now. This is North Carolina's problem...

6541keithcoward.com-8172.jpg

:facepalm:

Connor Macleod

I think North Carolina has the coach now. This is North Carolina's problem...

6541keithcoward.com-8172.jpg

:facepalm:

That's a problem with a lot of schools, not enough fans in the stadium, and the stadium itself. What's the capacity there, 60,000? Trust me, if they made a real commitment to get a big-time coach, the fans would show up. South Carolina nabbing Steve Spurrier proved that.

DemonV

Girls fuck me in my dreams!
That's not really a fair comparison because South Carolina has always been more of a football school than anything else. North Carolina's a basketball school that's had occasional flirtations with being a good football program while having some really good players pass through the program on into the pros. Butch is a good coach and he's been able to recruit some talent there, the only thing left is to be a consistent winner.

titsrock

I'm digging the Oregon neon green shoes/socks combo. Looks sweet on tv.

Chip Kelly is a fucking asshat. :facepalm: Just answer the lovely Erin Andrews's questions nimrod. Is it asking too much? :mad:

I liked what Oregon was doing on defense just then. I hadn't seen all that movement by them before. They weren't showing a clean defense to CN. Hmm. We'll have to see how that plays out.

bodie54

If FreeOnes was a woman, I'd marry her!
I'm digging the Oregon neon green shoes/socks combo. Looks sweet on tv.

Agree :thumbsup:

Chip Kelly is a fucking asshat. :facepalm: Just answer the lovely Erin Andrews's questions nimrod. Is it asking too much?

Also agree :thumbsup:
It was a legit question, too.

But unlike the Auburn camp, Oregon's been going with a "strictly business" approach to this game, so his severity may have been a part of that :dunno:

edit: FUCK! A pick in the red zone :mad:
Both offenses look a little anxious. That 73 1/2 over number could be in serious jeapordy.

titsrock

I get the sense that Oregon is out-thinking themselves on every play. They are calling the right plays, but their QB seems to be doing something else instead :dunno:

Auburn already looks gassed on defense, too. It will get uglier from them. Cam Newton appears to have fallen under the Heisman Curse...:facepalm:

titsrock

Damn. WHat an interception :shocked: I get the sense that Oregon is about to break off a big play the next time they get the ball back.

Status
Not open for further replies.